This is a new blog carnival to come out of MannLand5. I love it because it focuses on the joyous and cheerful side of things which is wonderful to do even as we enter the Triduum. I was going to do a quick takes post anyway of some of these things so I might as well do it here and share the love with everyone else participating. The idea is to list 5 things that this week have made you happy, grateful, joyful, elated or appreciative. I think you should give it a try too.
1. Thursday mornings at school are my favorite because a group of kids with a guitar, a drum and songsheets meet out in the hall before school and sing praise and worship music. Their voices waft down the hallways and I can hum along in my classroom while I'm setting up for the day.
2. We turned off the tv on Sunday and are leaving it off until Easter. We wanted a quiet, semi-unplugged (hello, I'm still on the comp) Holy Week and it's been everything we had hoped for. We've had lots of time in the evenings for walks, bike rides, good conversation etc and I feel much more fulfilled that I would if my DVR were empty.
3. My sweet, sweet husband surprised me with an Icee the other day because I had been frustrated at school. It really hit the spot!
4. I've been on a roll with the April Fools pranks! I never was one to pull them before but this year it's been really fun for me. I fooled Brian, my mom, all my classes. Lets see who else I can get before the day is over. I was going to trick you guys into thinking I was shutting down my blog but the fear that no one would care much prevented it! haha. I'd love to hear about your pranks.
5. This weekend represents the pinnacle of my faith! Today we celebrate the suffering servant and institution of the Eucharist, tomorrow will be the day my savior dies for me and Sunday I know he will rise again as I will on the last day. If that doesn't make one happy, elated, joyful, grateful and appreciative, I don't know what does!!