Thursday, April 1, 2010

Five Happy Thoughts on Thursday

This is a new blog carnival to come out of MannLand5. I love it because it focuses on the joyous and cheerful side of things which is wonderful to do even as we enter the Triduum. I was going to do a quick takes post anyway of some of these things so I might as well do it here and share the love with everyone else participating. The idea is to list 5 things that this week have made you happy, grateful, joyful, elated or appreciative. I think you should give it a try too.

1. Thursday mornings at school are my favorite because a group of kids with a guitar, a drum and songsheets meet out in the hall before school and sing praise and worship music. Their voices waft down the hallways and I can hum along in my classroom while I'm setting up for the day.

2. We turned off the tv on Sunday and are leaving it off until Easter. We wanted a quiet, semi-unplugged (hello, I'm still on the comp) Holy Week and it's been everything we had hoped for. We've had lots of time in the evenings for walks, bike rides, good conversation etc and I feel much more fulfilled that I would if my DVR were empty.

3. My sweet, sweet husband surprised me with an Icee the other day because I had been frustrated at school. It really hit the spot!

4. I've been on a roll with the April Fools pranks! I never was one to pull them before but this year it's been really fun for me. I fooled Brian, my mom, all my classes. Lets see who else I can get before the day is over. I was going to trick you guys into thinking I was shutting down my blog but the fear that no one would care much prevented it! haha. I'd love to hear about your pranks.

5. This weekend represents the pinnacle of my faith! Today we celebrate the suffering servant and institution of the Eucharist, tomorrow will be the day my savior dies for me and Sunday I know he will rise again as I will on the last day. If that doesn't make one happy, elated, joyful, grateful and appreciative, I don't know what does!!

11 comments:

Mari said...

Erin, Thanks so much for stopping by. You have some very cool and noble things to be happy about. I love your blog site, and will check in on you often. Blessings and hope your Easter is special.
Thanks also for the prayers.
(hugs)

Miti said...

I second that #5!! That's a great list. Going unplugged for a whole week is an awesome idea. I should try that too. Thank goodness for DVRs. I did another post today at my other blog Five Moms and a Blog. It's all about pranks. Maybe you'll get some good ideas.

Neely said...

Happy Easter from your favorite Jew :)

Beth McC. said...

I love your list of Happies! Thanks for sharing! Happy Easter!

Alissa said...

Your list makes me happy! My husband and I really should try no tv for a weekend too! It's crazy to think how much you really do watch.

Miti said...

Hey Erin! Thanks for checking out the Five Moms today and for following! Looking forward to knowing you!

Jamie said...

An Icee sounds perfect right about now! Happy early Easter!

Skye McLain said...

I love the idea of unplugging for a week. I wish we had thought to do that! Maybe we can try it for another week and see how it goes. What about music? Did you turn off music too? Music is something my husband and I enjoy together so we probably wouldn't do that.

Praise God for sending His Son. What blessed people we are indeed!

Adam & Brittany said...

Hey Erin - I did go dog sledding and it was a blast. I completely understand not wanting to be in the snow. I hope you have a great Easter and I wanted to tell you that I really enjoy reading your blog. Talk to you soon!

Beth Zimmerman said...

What an amazing Happy 5! :) New follower ... found you through the meme.

Andrea said...

That is a great list! I wish I could hear that music while I'm getting ready for my day! It's always so hectic. "put your shoes on! Did you brush your teeth? Take your medicine! Oh my gosh! Your sister went back to sleep and we need to leave in 20 minutes!"
Thank goodness we'll be off from school for 4 days, we'll see if we get a seat at church Sunday morning!! ha!

Happy Easter.