Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Top 2 Tuesdays- Items Under $15


Items under $15 could describe most of what's in my house. I'm all about the bargain and get lots of stuff cheap or on sale for about this price point. I'll be playing along today though and post two of my top items.
1. I could have easily featured this last week under favorite beauty products but forgot about it. It is the makeup I use every day! Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. I swear my skin eats makeup, most people think I'm not wearing any an hour after I put it on no matter what kind I use. So I figure this is a pretty healthy thing to feed it if that's what's going to happen anyway. Has retinol, which is totally yummy for your skin, SPF 20 and a light tint that helps correct blotchiness but doesn't cover up your freckles. I use some mineral powder and concealer on top if I need to correct anything else. I got my mom started on this make up too and she loves it! It would be great for you natural girls too that prefer not to wear anything.
2. Market flowers. I'm just talking about the cheapy plastic wrapped flowers you can pick up while you're grocery shopping at HEB. The run about $6 for the simple, single variety bundle, $15 for a pretty seasonal mix. I'd love to have more opulent bouquets filling my house, but who has the money? Not us. But an extra $15 on the grocery bill can really brighten up your house and make it welcoming and warm. Here's some tulips Brian surprised me with a couple weeks ago. This is when they were already a couple days old and starting to get leggy. They started out even prettier.

9 comments:

Neely said...

A study was done that people who have flowers(real or fake) in their homes are happier...just sayin :)

Marla said...

I think HEB puts together some beautiful bouquets. And they're so cheap, too! Who needs a professional florist?

Brittany said...

I used to use that makeup all the time! It really is great :-) The only reason I switched is because I wanted to see what else was out there lol.

And fresh flowers really do brighten up the home :-) I never thought of going to grocery store for them though because I didn't think they'd last very long. Good idea though!

Have an awesome day!

Wiz said...

What a good idea on the flowers! And I am going to have to try the healthy skin enhancer!

Jamie said...

Those flowers are so pretty! Makes me want to go get some :)

Hilldog said...

Flowers!!! What a good pick! i do love to get flowers and they are usually a good price! Have a great one-
PS how long have you been riding bikes?? My boyfriend and I are looking at tandems...

Southern Belle Mama said...

I love market flowers too! The hubby brought home some baby white tulips last week and they just made my day!

The Undomestic Mom said...

I need to try that makeup! And I love picking up flowers :) they just brighten the room! I wish we had HEB in dallas!

Unknown said...

I just stared picking up these flowers myself! I have tons of beautiful vases with no flowers!