Friday, April 23, 2010

The Answers to the Questions part 2

I apologize for taking quite so long to get these questions finished! I enjoyed answering them just as much as the first set. Hope you enjoy getting to know me even better!

Derrick Flannigan said Who's the first person you want to meet when you get to Heaven?
Besides the obvious? I'm there to see God, end of story! But I would also like to get to know my guardian angel on another level. I pray with her so often, I'd love to see her and find out what she's been doing for me specifically.

Sara Lang said what's the worst piece of advice you've ever been given?
I love Lauren's How To series on her blog, The Little Things We Do. But I made the stupid choice to follow this post, How To Turn Dirty Hair into Pretty Hair and it was one of the worst ideas ever. I spent a little too long that morning checking the blog roll so by the time I read that post, skipping a shower and blowdry sounded like a really great idea. I made the braid like it explains (which was so cute and I've worn again in clean hair) but after about an hour I looked disgusting. And I had to stay that way, with stringy, greasy hair until 5:00 when I got home. It probably worked for somebody, but it was terrible advice for me. I need to wash it every single morning from now on.

Miss Muddy Paws said What's the most embarrassing moment you've ever had?
A few months ago I was wearing these very cute but poorly designed low heeled shoes from Nine West. They have kind of a tapered knob heel which make them comfortable but more flattering than flats. After work I went to HEB and picked up one of those little hand baskets and started filling it up in produce. As I start walking to the bakery department I must have been a little off balance with my basket and stepped on the edge of the heel of my shoe and totally slid out. I landed flat in the middle of a crowded grocery store and all the food went bouncing out of my basket. Strawberries went rolling across the floor in all directions and everyone gasped and kept asking if I was ok. I picked myself back up gathered my stuff, except the strawberries and hurried off to a central aisle where fewer people would see me. I slipped again by the cereal but not quite such an epic fall. You'll think I'm out of my mind when I tell you I still wear those shoes, but they're cute, you know?

Phone Home Designs by ET said...
Question: Did that Lilly dress I sent you fit well? Have you worn it yet?
Yes, it fit great! You see, Emily sent me a darling Lilly Pulitzer shift dress that she had gotten with her superior bargain shopping skills. I wore it several times last Spring/Summer and plan to get a good bit of wear out of it again this year just as soon as my hips fit again.

And my real question: What's your first sewing project?
In high school my little sister on the dance team taught me a tiny bit how to sew. We made adorable pillow cases in the school colors with ribbon and trim. Since then though, I haven't really sewn anything. I'm planning on making curtains kind of like this only small for my dining room soon. You can be sure you'll hear about it.

allie-mac-fallie said what is the MOST important thing about wedding planning that I should know??
My advice for any other bride would be to make sure that you're planning for your marriage and not just your wedding! How you relate to your husband and the foundation that you build for your life together is so much more important than the flowers, DJ, menu etc. Since this is Allie, my bestie, and I already admire her for her marriage to Karl, I'll save that advice. I know her priorities are in the right place! So for you, Allie, I say tell your bridesmaids what to do. I love helping!


Peggy said My question: You say in your About Me that you try to live out your faith. What practical ways do you do so?
Faith plays an important role in every aspect of my life which makes it hard to list out ways, but I think that's good. Lets see, I try to pray about everything, often. I frequent the sacraments. I make it a point to see the good in others because of who their creator is. I say I'm sorry when I need to and forgive others when I need to. I look to faith to determine who to vote for, how to spend my money, what media I'll consume, clothes I'll wear. The caveat is that I do all of this very imperfectly and it's only through grace that I succeed at all.

Carrie said What is something not many people know about you?
Not many people know that I have scoliosis. Sort of a random thing, but it's true. The school nurse detected it in one of those mass screenings and I had to wear a brace for about a year. It was pretty much the worst year of my life, but I got through it. Hopefully it won't ever get bad enough that I'll need surgery, but that was a possibility.

Laura PARING DOWN said looking at your cute Maui pink bike photos, you seem to live in the country. Tell us a little more about where you live.
I love where we live! It's the most country that Brian or I have ever lived in, but it gets a lot more rural than us too. I was used to the suburbs in a master plan community where all the houses are pretty but almost just alike. It's a different kind of neighborhood here, but our neighbors are really friendly. We live on the edge of town across the street from a lake. Behind our house is a really pretty cattle ranch that showed up in my bike riding pics. We live on a half acre which is nice because we can spread out a bit and have a garden.

Mom said What is that Damask pattern? Is it an antique and from what country?
That's from my mom commenting on the background of my blog layout and being silly. I got the layout from Shabby Blogs which is made in America. Mine is called Damask Don't Tell. I'm thinking about having one designed though. Do you think I should? Who did you use to design your layout?

4 a lifetime of loving you said what is your favourite flower and why?
My favorite flower is a Peony. I love the frilly feminine look and the shades of pink they come in. I planted some bulbs this year, but we just don't have the weather to grow them, it was a fail. I also love Stock, Ranunculus, Snapdragons, and others.

Alissa said Okay, if you could live anywhere where would you live and why?The Garcia's said If you could live anywhere aside from where you live now where would it be?
These two were almost the same question but it's good that Brittany followed up Alissa's with "aside from where you live now," because I would have said right here! I always want to live in Texas either the hill country or the coast would be my top picks. If I ever couldn't live in Texas though, in a strange hypothetical world, I would look to the Carolinas because of the culture, scenery, weather. I think I'd be happy there too.

The question and answer posts are done for now, but I'd be happy to respond to any questions you put in the comments any time! I love hearing from you!

1 comment:

Neely said...

I didnt know you had scoliosis! And here I thought I knew it all