Friday, April 23, 2010

Fill in the Blank Friday - the music one

1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is How Bizarre by OMC. It reminds me of being a goofy middle schooler running around the golf course and getting dropped off at the mall .

2. My first concert ever was Jars of Clay at Christian Day or whatever it was at Astroworld I went with one of my best friends, Yvonne and her oldest brother. I felt really really cool .

3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Randy Rogers Band, Blue October, Regina Spektor, Peter Gabriel, Alabama, Imogen Heap, Modest Mouse, Black Eyed Peas. Yeah, so go ahead and start putting that together for me, k thanks .

4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is I'm getting annoyed because I can't think of the really good one I heard a couple days ago. I was in the car and getting in the mood just because of this song! It was on Bob FM so I know it was old, but I'll edit if I think of it later .

5. The best concert I've ever been to was Modest Mouse, at the Backyard in Austin. Man Man opened and at the end it started pouring, there was so much energy in the audience. I just loved it! I happened to see it televised on a local Austin channel a year later and it was about as good the second time .

6. A memorable musical moment for me was My first boyfriend in 6th grade broke up with me at the ice skating rink because he asked me if I liked Oasis and I didn't really know but I said I did. I guess he didn't? The fact that I told his friends were idiots might have played into that too. They were 6th grade boys, of course they were idiots .


7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is I'm the silly girl with no iPod, but I just refound my Spoon cd and that's been getting a lot of play on the way too and from work .

6 comments:

Neely said...

Ok first off: black eyed peas!?!? no erin no! 2nd How Bizzare what a great song. 3rd love that a guy broke up with you over oasis what a great reason...can we find him and see what his life is like these days...hahahaha

Lauren @The Little Things We Do.... said...

i LOVE spoon, but totally forgot about them. how did that happen?

and love the oasis story....oh 6th grade boys.... :).

thanks for playing along. happy friday!

{Lauren}

Carrie said...

Wow! Speaking of OMC and How Bizarre makes me think of middle school dances with the girls on one wall and the boys on the other!

Jamie said...

How Bizarre reminds me of my awkward middle school years too!

L said...

Spoons a great band! LOLabout the Oasis thing! and oh i SO want to hear "how bizarre" now heehe!

Koree said...

modest mouse?! oooh i'm pretty jealous right now.
have a great monday!
http://koreeunveiled.blogspot.com/