Friday, April 16, 2010

I need a little shopping help, yall

We need new covers for our bed, either a duvet cover or comforter or quilt. I don't have a preference yet. I hope to get a new set for my birthday or maybe before, in May. The comforter we have now is new, we got it when we got married, but we went low bid with that one and even though it started out really pretty, it's failing fast. I was torn between this print and one from Pottery Barn that was named botanical something or other, but now I can't find it.

We ended up going with the one from Pottery Barn but instead of buying the duvet cover which looked high quality we purchased the last comforter in the Pottery Barn Outlet which was on display. It was like $25, I couldn't resist. We've been using it for 9 months now and already it has punctures from dog toenails and it's looking faded and dingy even though I've washed it only a few times.

So, I'm coming to you to help me find ideas for a new set. Care to do a little shopping around with me? Or at least suggest stores I could look at? I know I have seen many beautiful examples that I would be thrilled to have in pictures, but they're never there when you need them, you know?

Here's what I'm looking for:

  • Colors in the greens, blues or natural families, but I don't rule out something a little brighter. I say no to dark brown though, as well as orange, black and purple.
  • Probably in a print,maybe floral, botanical again, paisley, toile, whatever
  • Able to withstand 110 lbs of dogs playing on it and not tear or look dirty right away
  • Machine washable. See above.
  • $200 or less for the comforter, hopefully for the whole set-shams, skirt, etc
  • Easy to accessorize

Think you can help me? I would love you for it, and I'll let you all know when we decide.

4 comments:

Marla said...

I'm no help. I have yet to find a machine washable comforter that looks stylish. Sorry. :(

Jamie said...

I love that one in the picture! We have a paisley print comforter that we found at TJ Maxx for a great deal before we got married. I'm kind of wanting another one too but I'm having trouble find one I like!

Andrea said...

Sooo not good with the decorating. My husband does it all!

Unknown said...

i've seen some great stuff at marshall's and tj maxx lately. or bed bath and beyond with lots of 20% off coupons. good luck! i've tried the knife/pit trick on the avocados, and it never ends well. i should probably try not holding it like you suggested. thanks!