We ended up going with the one from Pottery Barn but instead of buying the duvet cover which looked high quality we purchased the last comforter in the Pottery Barn Outlet which was on display. It was like $25, I couldn't resist. We've been using it for 9 months now and already it has punctures from dog toenails and it's looking faded and dingy even though I've washed it only a few times.
So, I'm coming to you to help me find ideas for a new set. Care to do a little shopping around with me? Or at least suggest stores I could look at? I know I have seen many beautiful examples that I would be thrilled to have in pictures, but they're never there when you need them, you know?
Here's what I'm looking for:
- Colors in the greens, blues or natural families, but I don't rule out something a little brighter. I say no to dark brown though, as well as orange, black and purple.
- Probably in a print,maybe floral, botanical again, paisley, toile, whatever
- Able to withstand 110 lbs of dogs playing on it and not tear or look dirty right away
- Machine washable. See above.
- $200 or less for the comforter, hopefully for the whole set-shams, skirt, etc
- Easy to accessorize
Think you can help me? I would love you for it, and I'll let you all know when we decide.