Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

This was one of the fullest weekends we've had in quite some time. It makes up for last weekend when all I did was take that dumb test. (Still waiting for my results.) Here's how it went down this weekend.
Friday
We saw the man, the legend, Willie Nelson! It was our first time to go to a Wilie Nelson concert and we loved it! Ray Wiley Hubbard opened and was fantastic too! It was at the coolest venue around here, Whitewater Amphitheater, where the stage backs right up to the Guadalupe River, really beautiful. We met a biker guy right in front of us who has been coming to see him since he was a kid. We had a blast!




Saturday
Funny thing about making plans, sometimes you plan things on top of each other that maybe shouldn't go. Like when we committed to a trip to climb Enchanted Rock which included being at the church at 6:30 am after having the kind of fun pictured above. This was easily as good of a time though, and that's saying a lot. We went with 17 youth and adults from the church and caravanned to the park. After a good bit of waiting around we started hiking, which turned into climbing, which turned into hopping from rock to rock. The wind was ridiculous, it was blowing at least 30 with gusts over 40 the whole time we were there, but check out the views!
This first one isn't my picture, it's much more beautiful in the Spring, but I wanted you to see a view of the whole boulder.
We made it to the top then the wind blew that hat right off my head. They chased it down and caught it for me though. After a pig-out picnic lunch, we headed back through Fredricksburg, making a stop to do a little shopping. The adults headed straight to the winery for a tasting which was delicious. I almost bought a quilt while we were there, but passed it up and decided to keep looking. I did get a new cookbook though and really enjoyed checking out all the other fun shops they have in this cool little town. I forgot to take pictures, sorry, but here's a gratuitus bluebonnet picture that Brian took.
The cute part is that as our hike was finishing up we made plans with another couple to go have drinks and appetizers at this really great cajun restaurant in town then go see Slaid Cleaves at the Phoenix Saloon (first bar to serve women in New Braunfels, they had to go around back). Once they got home the other couple decided they just weren't up to it and we decided we'd still go after a "little nap." We laid down at about 5:45 and woke up at 1:15 am and wondered what happend. We'll have to catch Slaid next time he comes in town.
Sunday
Very well rested, we went to the early Mass then headed over to Home Depot to pick up some replacement pepper plants for our garden and some paint. You're in for a treat because Brian is going to be guest posting an update for our garden soon. I'll be telling you more about the plans I have for our dining room, but for now, we spent the rest of the day Sunday taking it
from this

to this
There you have it. I hope your weekend was as good as ours!

7 comments:

Erin said...

I saw Willie sometime in high school and it was awesome! Well, minus all the people smoking pot in the crowd. Funny how that stuff is completely illegal unless he's in town and then people just throw the rule books out the window!

Denise said...

Oooh yes, show us your garden :-) Looks like you guys had a busy and fun week.

Neely said...

Yall look so cute at the concert! Love your outfit :) And love the paint color :) Great job!!!

Hope Chella said...

Thanks so much!!!

By the way, I love visiting Texas. I was introduced through my boyfriend who is from Dallas and grateful that for the rest of my life I have an excuse to go down there...I am also fortunate to be a Rhode Island girl who happened to meet such a gentleman that says y'all, loves Jesus and knows how to cook/bake southern comfort food! He's cute and smart too!

I am truly blessed!!

Have a great week :)

Gucci Mama said...

What a great weekend! I love Willie Nelson; I bet the concert was awesome!

Unknown said...

LOVE the new color!

d.a.r. said...

Sounds like a fun and very busy weekend! I love that bright color!!