Saturday, April 17, 2010

Six Senses Saturday

Julia, at the World is My Oyster has started a new Saturday meme. To help her out, and avoid studying for a few more minutes, I'm going to play along, you should too! I will be hosting Sing Along Sunday tomorrow, so if you've got a song on your mind, post it and link it up tomorrow.
***
Right now I'm...

Tasting:
Coffee with Peppermint Mocha Coffee Mate creamer in it, and a large handful of pistachios.
Don't tell me I'm the only one that's ok with pistachios for breakfast.
I'll have a whole wheat English muffin after if it makes you feel better.

Smelling:
The coffee just got done brewing and I put in a pretty gardenia brick in my Scentsy.

Seeing:
A 626 page review of math and science.
It's overwhelming me.

Hearing:
The garage radio that runs continuously on the Americana station.
This song is playing right now. Allison Krauss was my main competition.
I'm pretty sure if hubs had the chance to marry her he would have dropped me. :)

Touching:

The cute personalized note pad Melissa gave me in my swap package.
I'm making a list of all the fun things I'm going to do after this test.
I'm also wearing shoes, weird for me at home, and hoping not to get glass splinters.
Story to come later.

Feeling:
That familiar procrastination feeling that tells me I have 6 hours left to study which is all the time in the world combined with OMG I'm going to fail, why the heck didn't I try to start this earlier, ugh it's just so much stuff!!
I've missed that since college.

***

And since I've referred to it a few times in this post I ought to go ahead and let you know that what I should be doing right now is preparing myself to take the Mathematics/Science TExES exam for teacher certification. It's for 4-8 grades, but all the way up to Calculus and Physics and such are on the test. If I had taken it as a senior in high school it would have been a no-brainer, but we're a few years past that and I haven't had to multiply vectors one single time since then. The test is at 2:00, say a prayer for me if you think about it. Thanks!


7 comments:

Julia said...

good luck with the studying! sounds scary! but math was never my thing :)

and that peppermint mocha stuff sounds delish!

Andrea said...

Best of luck on your test. I am horrible at math!

Love Allison Kraus. I think that's what an angel's voice must sound like!

Amanda said...

GOOD LUCK! I am a EC-4 certificed teacher, which yours seems harder, but I've def. been there. I am an awful test taker though, and an even more horrible studier.
Best of luck, I'm sure you'll do great!

Neely said...

Good luck bloggy bestie :)

Phone date tomorrow!!!

Jamie said...

Good luck on your test!!

allie-mac-fallie said...

howd it go missy?? just remember if it is Gods will he will have it done :)

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

so funny! Sugar Daddy looooves Allison Kraus as well! If our other halves ever run with off with her, you and I can hang out together!