Monday, February 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Monday- Tonight, being the first Monday of the month, is date night for our young adults group. We have thrown around a few ideas, but I'm not sure what we'll end up doing. I was hoping to go on a walk or plant our veggies but our lovely Spring weather has declined into Winter crapola and is planning to stay that way all weeks. Other ideas that have been mentioned are grocery shopping (oh, the newlywed romance!), coffee and a bookstore, pottery painting (I want a Happy Everything platter), shopping for a Wii that might end up being our Valentine's gift to each other. I'll probably let you know tomorrow where we end up.
Tuesday- The Crustless Fresh Sage, Ham and Gruyere Quiche that Annabel Manners suggested in the comments last week. It sounds great! With a salad and fruit to go with.
Wednesday- Baked Spaghetti from Once a Month Mom via That Wife with broccoli and milk. Does anyone else think that milk goes perfectly with pasta? I might be most excited about this dinner because I get to use my new vintage Pyrex lime green casserole dish. We picked it up from an Antique store on the way to Houston the weekend before last. I'll try to remember to post a picture on Wednesday. Christy over at Southern Plate has inspired me by her collection of Pyrex and I would like to start mine. I would have a complete set of pink pyrex mixing bowls if they weren't $165, used, mind you.
Thursday- Buffalo Three Bean Chili from Weasel's Journey with cornbread. Ours will be made with venison, of course, because that's what's free. I can't link to her because her site is blocked here at work, but she has a lovely blog you ought to check out.
Friday- Baked Potato Soup from Taylor at Jimmy Choos and a Baby Too with fruit and salad. I'll be participating in her Top 2 Tuesday tomorrow. I just didn't last week because, who wants that many recipes? Ok, you're right, we all do. It was because I was lazy.
Sunday- It'll be a Super Bowl feast for anyone who will come join us. We're having Ribs (can you believe I got a rack for $1.27/lb!), Mac and Cheese (elbow maccaroni on clearance for $.25 a box!) and green beans all from Carrie at Mizell Mayhem. The Sunday dinner she posted about sounded perfect! We'll be having a store-bought King cake for dessert as we cheer on the Saints!

Did you see my theme here? It was a "recipes from blogs I love" week. Leave me a comment and I'd love to try one of your recipes too!

2 comments:

The Undomestic Mom said...

Yay for the soup! Your weekly menu looks fab as always!

Annabel Manners said...

Awesome! Can't wait to hear what you think. Enjoy your yummy week!