They're great for a snuggle!And have been known to walk on water!
Call now to reserve one or both of these lovable beasts.
- Scolding and/or spanking. He couldn't care less!
- Claiming the trash can as mine all alpha-dog-like and blocking him so he doesn't come near it. I actually heard him laugh at me.
- Then I read that you're supposed to form a team with your dog against the object they're supposed to leave alone so I've been petting Eddie and speaking nicely to him while bawling out the trash can and spanking it throughout the day. Yes, I look like a crazy lady.
- I also read that I could put various substances on or in the trash to make it unappealing to him so I wiped down the outside with ammonia and put a few drops in the trash can and put Tabasco sauce on the rim of it.
- Put the trash can under the counter behind a chair so that it's not so easy to access and try to keep the door to the kitchen closed.
To deal with the pooping/peeing in the closet
- Scolding and/or spanking after showing him the mess. Again, it doesn't phase him at all because he's a Jack Russell they don't really give a darn about winning your approval.
- Cleaning the carpet with a steam cleaner then scrubbing it with this 4 step process I found online including vinegar, warm water, baking soda, dish detergent, and borax to make sure that every bit of smell is out of there. Of course I wouldn't just leave it dirty but also so he doesn't think he has claimed it for himself.
- Feeding the dogs in the closet because supposedly dogs won't go to the bathroom in their own space.
- Taking Eddie out to go to the bathroom like every 2 hours and making him follow me around all day giving him treats at random intervals so he wouldn't be tempted to go do bad things.
As you might be able to tell, I'm about at the end of my rope here. Any ideas for things I haven't tried? Also, in case you come over and I'm petting my dog and whacking at my closet floor with a stick while shouting no. It's actually not because I'm a crazy lady but because I love my dog (and my house) very much and want him to live a well-adjusted life that doesn't include ripping up trash and making messes in the house. You'd better put in your bid now, because in a month or two if things haven't changed I'll be ready to ship him out!