Option 1: Hurry home after school, feed the dogs, then turn around and head into Austin to see LAURA BUSH speak about her new memoir Spoken from the Heart.
- It's Laura Bush and I admire her greatly and have heard that she's an excellent speaker from other people who have gone to her readings.
- I would get a copy of her book. Signed if I'm fast enough.
- I would be doing exciting things even when Brian isn't here.
- Tickets are $35 and I don't have one yet, so I'd have to figure that out.
- My dogs wouldn't be getting my attention.
- I'd be rushing around all afternoon and that's not usually fun.
- I'd be alone.
Option 2: Go home and relax. Take the dogs on a walk. Pick up all the furniture so the carpets can get cleaned tomorrow. Eat a nutritious dinner. Blog. Make phone calls. Watch Glee and Dancing With the Stars.
- I would be relaxed and not rushing which is great. And there's something very pleasant about being home alone every now and then.
- Those are all things that need to get done anyway.
- The rest of my week might run more smoothly if I spent some time this evening getting organized.
- I might not be responsible about my evening in and end up just watching tv and eating cereal out of the box.
- How is this different than what I do most days? Not exactly carpe diem.
- I'd miss an opportunity (even if it might not be once in a lifetime) to gain wisdom from a good woman.
I really might go with the plan that gets the most votes over the next few hours since I can't seem to decide on my own. So please comment and let me know what you would do, or what I should do, if they're different.