Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wednesday Daybook

FOR TODAY...

Outside my window... it's looking like Spring. Surely this is too good to last.


I am thinking... that things might really turn around for this country. I'm heartened by Scott Brown's victory in Mass last night.!


I am thankful for... a discount of up to 60% at J.Crew and early viewing of the Spring inventory


I am wearing... a plum colored tunic with smocking around the neck and chest with black wool trousers and black peep toe heels. Also the crystal earrings my cousin Kristy gave me when I was in her wedding


I am remembering... how much fun we had in New York last time we visited in September for Nicki's wedding


I am going... to get my hair cut after school. I've had about all I can take of this shagginess. 2 inches or so should be enough


I am currently reading... oh I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't finished It Sucked and then I Cried. I'm sure I'll be done by tonight and ready to start something new.


I am hoping... to come across the perfect job posting in the next couple weeks, and that I get it


On my mind... Brian's uncle David who is in Berlin in a coma that was brought on by a leaking mitral valve. Please pray for him.


Noticing that... on the days I eat breakfast I actually get hungrier by lunch than when I don't.


Pondering these words...
when in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I don't usually go around contemplating the Declaration of Independence, but it has come up a few times lately. First at Life Teen on Sunday then at the Republican Women meeting on Monday and now on the announcements this morning. Maybe it's time I did think a little more about this founding document.


From the kitchen... the refrigerator needs to be clean out before I bring home groceries this weekend.


Around the house... Eddie and Sandy are getting retrained to sleep outside now that the freezing weather is over. They're not happy about it.


One of my favorite things... new socks!


From my picture journal...
our honeymoon suite at El Dorado Royale. I sure wouldn't mind being back there.

3 comments:

The Ratpack said...

If you go back to El Dorado Royale, do you mind if I stow away?? It could be just a much fun with a 3rd wheel, right?

Praying for Brian's uncle!

The Garcia's said...

You know I totally agree with you on the being hungry if I eat breakfast thing! I thought it was just me and I was totally crazy. I can go all day without eating if I dont eat breakfast, but if I do it's all over! I am absolutely starving by lunch!

Jamie said...

I've been to the El Dorado Royale before...my room looked exactly like that too. Brings me back. My favorite Mexican resort I've been too. Loved the pools.

(sorry to jump on your memory!)