Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday

Well I didn't win the $5 Dinner Mom cookbook that I hoped I would, but I went ahead and bought it. These recipes all come from that book which came in on Saturday.
Monday - Meatloaf, Macaroni and Peas
Tuesday- Baked Chicken and Acorn Squash with rice
Wednesday- Spaghetti with Italian sausage, salad and garlic bread
Thursday- beef enchiladas with pintos and Spanish rice
Friday- Broiled lemon pepper trout, zucchini and corn

In order to make all this, this week I will need to buy orange juice, acorn squash and zucchini. I have everything else already. It's another great use-it-up week!

I didn't post this until tonight because I didn't want to put a jinx on the meatloaf. Believe it or not, I haven't repeated a recipe since we got married. Meatloaf is the first thing I will *try* to make twice. The first time I made it was a few months ago. I think it had turned out pretty well but the last step before adding a glaze was draining off any extra grease that had come up while baking. I held my pretty Paula Deen loaf pan over the sink, and tilted it for the grease to run out but my oven mit slipped and I burned my middle finger. I reacted a little bit dramatically and ended up dumping 3/4 of the meatloaf into a dirty sink. I fussed and fitted and my poor husband and myself were left with a sorry hunk of meat to share. Tonight's version was more successful. We both ate till we were full and have lunch packed for tomorrow. I credit the success to my pitiful whine when it was time to drain "honey, I need you in here." He stepped up like a pro!

No comments: