Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wednesday Daybook


FOR TODAY...

Outside my window... cold, cloudy and sad

I am thinking... I went a little too easy on these students, letting them use a page of notes on their final. They're making much higher grades than I expected

I am thankful for... my car. Even if it does give me a chance to lock the keys inside like I did this morning.

I am wearing... green matchstick cords, black chunky turtleneck sweater, black patent flats, and a long heart pendant

I am remembering... finals back when I was in high school. I don't remember being allowed to exempt as many tests as these kids are

I am going... out to lunch. I'm thinking Pho.

I am currently reading... The Shack on loan from Allie. I must be last to hop on this bandwagon. Have you read it?

I am hoping... the red light camera was malfunctioning that day.

On my mind... Christmas cards. I love getting them! I hope there are a couple waiting in the mailbox now.

Noticing that... I have much better hair days when it's cold out. It looks great today!

Pondering these words...

Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel

Oh, come, oh, come, Emmanuel,

And ransom captive Israel,

That mourns in lonely exile here

Until the Son of God appear.


Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel

Shall come to you, O Israel!

Oh, come, our Wisdom from on high,

Who ordered all things mightily;

To us the path of knowledge show,

and teach us in her ways to go.


Oh, come, oh, come, our Lord of might,

Who to your tribes on Sinai's height

In ancient times gave holy law,

In cloud and majesty and awe.


Oh, come O Rod of Jesse's stem,

From ev'ry foe deliver them

That trust your mighty pow'r to save;

Bring them in vict'ry through the grave.


Oh, come, O Key of David, come,

And open wide our heav'nly home;

Make safe the way that leads on high,

And close the path to misery.


Oh, come, our Dayspring from on high,

And cheer us by your drawing nigh,

Disperse the gloomy clouds of night,

And death's dark shadows put to flight.


Oh, come, Desire of nations, bind

In one the hearts of all mankind;

Oh, bid our sad divisions cease,

And be yourself our King of Peace.


From the kitchen... Balsalmic chicken with broccoli and apples for tonight. I think it's going to be good! Also, some Christmas treats for gifts.

Around the house... lots of picking up needing to be done. I'll have to get that done before I start making a mess of the kitchen again.

One of my favorite things... seeing how happy my dogs are when I get home!

From my picture journal...
I want that

picture found here

More Simple Woman's Daybooks can be found here

4 comments:

allie-mac-fallie said...

awe how are you liking The Shack?? Also, I want that picture too ha!
Check out my site- I linked you an award!! :)

Erin said...

It's great! Very easy read. If I would just sit down with it, I'm sure I'd be done in no time! I like seeing what you underlined too, gives me some more insight to you!

Jessica said...

Came across your blog through some of the other girls - cute! Welcome to the blog world!

Anonymous said...

Whats up all, I just signed up on this terrific online community and wanted to say aloha! Have a amazing day!