Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Movies


My absolute number one favorite Christmas movie, my favorite movie year-round, is National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I watch it on Thanksgiving every year and three or four more times before Christmas. It's my mom's favorite movie too and we quote it to each other a random intervals. She says Beverly D'Angelo's character is a model of a good and patient wife. If you haven't seen it yet, do. It's better than the other National Lampoon movies.
There are plenty of other great ones this time of year that I love including It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (the original one), and a new favorite after our trip to Ice last weekend How the Grinch Stole Christmas. A few weeks ago I loaded up our Netflix queue with old and new Christmas movies to really get us in the spirit. Right now I have Three Godfathers with John Wayne and The Juggler of Notre Dame. They are both supposed to be older, less well-known movies that do a good job of capturing the true meaning of Christmas (the birth of a savior, not warm fuzzies). However, after a garage sale mishap in which Brian sold our working DVD player for $6 and a malfunctioning of his X-Box, I have no way of viewing these without cuddling up with cocoa around the computer screen. That really screams Christmas romance, no? Maybe a new DVD player will appear under the tree. What's your favorite Christmas movie? Will you be partaking of the annual TBS Christmas Story marathon? I'm ashamed to admit I watched that 6 times in a 24 hour period one year in high school. This is the reason it no longer appears on my favorites list.

No comments: