Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Because I need one more way to waste my time

I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog for well over a year now. My holdup was that I mostly read blogs of really great writers, fabulous people who have lots to say, and are almost famous. I'm not. But with the encouragement of some good friends who are pretty fabulous themselves, I'm motivated to try to add something to the blogosphere rather than just soaking it in as I have for the past 5 years or so.
What you'll find here is a real girl. Hi, it's me Erin. I am a proud Catholic trying to grow in my faith. I am newly married to the one that was made for me. We live in the neatest town in the best state in the greatest country on Earth. I enjoy cooking and reading and trying to craft. I love preppy style but struggle with materialism. I often doubt my abilities, particularly in finding a real job. But I am blessed by the wonderful people in my life, my friends and family. These are the things I'll be writing about because these are the things I know.
You'll also find my husband here, Brian, the love of my life. We got married on the 4th of July this year and had the best time at our wedding and on our honeymoon, and I'll probably talk about that. He is really the best guy, smart, handsome, always loving and considerate and treats me so much better than I deserve. He hunts and fishes and builds furniture and things for us. We sail and camp and try to learn as much as we can.
We come from really great families who taught us so much and support us through everything. Though we hope to add to it soon, our little nest holds just us and our two dogs. Sandy is a 7 year old yellow lab and Eddie is a Jack Russell Terrier. We think he's about 5 (he's adopted).
So thank you for stopping by our little Texas love nest. Hopefully we'll get to know some new friends here and the old ones might have a better idea of what's going on in our little nest. Please comment and let me know you're here. While I plan to write for myself, I would love to know I'm not writing only for myself! Welcome!

No comments: