This before picture is a before-before. We didn't own house, but it was the best one I could find. It looked a lot scragglier when we got started.
1. The dead plants were pulled out with the truck.
2. The ugly chili pepper address plaque was replaced with this one.
3. The lava rocks and red scallops were eliminated, see.
5. Brian built a stone border. It looks great, and if you could refer to him as a stone mason in his earshot he would appreciate it.
6. Will sampled all the rocks, dirt, and weeds he could get his hands on. And by the number of pebbles that came out in the load of diapers I washed, he got quite a few down.
7. We trimmed up the yaupons and boxwoods and started to try to train them into a prettier shape.
8. We bought a bunch of plants and laid them out like this. We still have to plant them and we left space for a yaupon, a mountain laurel and some annuals.
It's still a work in progress, but I like it a lot better. Our next plan is to pain the front door and side lights aqua like the cover of this month's Southern Living.