Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've been a little busy lately...

So you might have realized I basically took the whole summer off of blogging and we're now a good way into fall and I've been silent. I'm sorry about that. I kept wanting to come back to blogging, really I did, but each time I put it off it seemed even more and more overwhelming to come back to.
I have some big stuff to talk about! I may have missed the window for talking about our one year anniversary and the incredible vacation to NC this summer. But I definitely owe you at least a recap about how I have a job now! Brian's been gone for the last 7 weeks at boot camp. How we moved in with his parents in Austin and are starting the search for a house. And last but not least, how we're expecting a baby in April! That's right, there's an egg in this nest. I think it might take a whole week of straight up writing to get all that on screen so I'm going to just ease back in I think. I've been missing you all!
Here's an update on my 30 before 30 list to kick off my reentry into blog world.
1. Become a mom
2. Buy a house
3. Leave the continent
4. Bring a neighbor something I baked
5. Plant a tree
6. Read 10 more books on the College Board List
7. Be a Maid of Honor
8. Ride in a hot air balloon
9. Throw a baby shower
10. Get my concealed handgun license
11. Join a gym
12. Watch Gone With Wind
13. take ballet again
14. Join the Junior League
15. Host a theme party
16. Wear something I sewed myself
17. Learn to play golf
18. Have a 6 month savings account
19. Get a job I lovelike
20. Find a dentist I trust
21. Meet a blog friend IRL
22. Go strawberry picking
23. Make over a piece of furniture
24. Own a Corgi
25. Visit a national park
26. Print our wedding album
27. Attend my 10 year High School reunion
28. Go on a mission trip
29. Get season tickets for the Aggies
30. Attend the the Republican State Convention

I think I lost a few followers while I was gone. Sad, but completely understandable, so if you do drop by could you let me know in the comments? I'd like to know also which blogs I need to hurry back to visit!

9 comments:

Neely said...

OMG YOU BLOGGGED! I almost didnt recognize my google reader! And wait you're pregnant? hehe I cant wait to spoil baby York and be cool awesome Aunt Neely :)

The Lenz Family said...

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!!! I am so excited to hear that you are going to have a little one! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm so happy for yall! And welcome back to blogging. I have missed your posts!

Jess said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting :) I like how you just slipped it in there in your little update about life :) I'm sure we will be reading lots of blogs and seeing lots of pictures of the little egg :)

Jamie said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to catch up on everything :)

Keli said...

WOW! lots of exciting news. i have missed you cannot wait for all the catch-up posts!

Tales from the Trails said...

Wow lots of things have happened while you were away.
Congratulations on the exciting news. We are due in March. : )
Can't wait to read about your adventures.

allie-mac-fallie said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! so all my nagging and convincing paid off haha im kidding. I am sooo happy you are back in the blog world! and YAAAY for exciting news!! B will be home in no time, keep your chin up love xoxo

Southern Fried Gal said...

Welcome back! A big ol' congratulations to you and your hubby! Girl - it's hard to do anything those first three months!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is quite a list. I need to make a pre-baby list of things to check off. I'll start brainstorming.