So my best friend ever, Allie-Mac-Fallie, tagged me last week to answer the 8 questions she made up and then tag 8 people answer the ones I'll write. I'm not in the habit of letting this girl down, at least when I can help it, so that tag, along with her regular nagging ever since I abandoned my blog early this summer were the final impetus in bringing me back. Wives, don't nag your husbands, but apparently nagging your bff is acceptable and effective. I think she missed my presence here the very most, closely followed by my other bestie, Neely, and my New York grandparents! Hi Guys!
So, here we go...
1. What is the best vacation you have ever taken/ favorite vacation spot?
Quite honestly, I think it was the road trip my parents, Brian and I took to North Carolina for Allie and Karl's wedding this summer followed by a week on the Outer Banks. We stopped in Mobile, AL on the way to Charlotte, attended the most fabulous and fun wedding of our dear friends, then headed out to Hatteras Island where we stayed in a condo on the beach and toured light houses. One was a national park, that's why I got to cross that off my list. Then on the way back we stopped in Savannah, GA (where the baby was created!!!) and Hammond, LA. It was a trip I'll never forget, and definitely eased my mind about all that driving! We've always flown everywhere, but really the driving is not that bad. I did find out that Texas has some of the ugliest interstates in the south though, followed by anywhere within 50 miles of a casino. I wish I had the pictures here, maybe I'll make a slideshow later.
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be/why? (Money isn't an object)
In one of the big beautiful antique houses in New Braunfels, maybe on the banks of the river as long as it's the non-flooding side. I felt completely at home in New Braunfels and was sorry as hell to have to leave. I would be totally satisfied to live and die there. Unfortunately, even though Brian loved NB, he feels the draw to return to the coast one day soon, so that's probably what we'll do.
3. What is your "go-to" outfit? or your favorite outfit (pictures?)?
I have a new favorite I think I'm going to get a ton of use out of this Fall. I've only worn it twice so far including out with Neely when she was here last weekend, but there's some belly growing room in it, and I wear it with leggings and cute red flats. Very comfy!
4. What are you most thankful for in your life?
I can't help but thank God for my Husband and our baby in the same breath 100+ times a day! I'm so blessed by them! I hope I never forget that. I'm also thankful that He's been leading my steps even when I was a less than obedient follower, because I can see now that's exactly what was happening.
5. What is one piece of advice you would give other women?
Don't follow so much advice. Do what your conscience/heart/gut says more often than what other people say.
6. What is one thing you plan to accomplish before the end of this year?
I have a list a mile long to accomplish this week! I get a little frightened by thoughts of the end of the year right around the corner. I'd like to say something about finding a house to buy but that will actually happen early next year. So hmm... how about fit in a camping trip later this Fall. That would be lots of fun, and quite an accomplishment too.
7. What is your favorite purchase you have made in the past month?
My new Southern Plate cookbook!! It's fabulous and you need your own copy. But not you, Allie, you're already getting one. I actually pre-ordered them this April but they came in this month and I just treasure it already.
8. Do you save money for things? What are you saving for? If not, what would you like to save you money up for?
Yes, I try to save up. We are definitely saving right now, for a house, for the baby, for Brian a new truck, for a trip to Colorado next year and maybe one to Florida too.
Here are my questions:
1. What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?
2. Who was your favorite teacher, why?
3. What should your parents have named you besides your real name?
4. What do you hope will be different about next year than this one?
5. What is a lesson you have learned from an ex?
6. Do you have a specific moment that you realized you're an adult now?
7. What is a skill you wish you had?
8. What makes you feel beautiful?
Janice (in the hopes it will bring her back to blogging like it did me!)
And you of course!